Today I wanted to share some of my top knit and crochet patterns that were made with spring and summer in mind. While fall and winter are known to be the height of knit and crochet season, us yarn addicts know that the season never ends. Some of my favorite knitting happens in a lawn chair outside during the warmer months. Typically, I don’t want to be covered in any super bulky wool (even though that’s my all time fave), but rather enjoy lighter yarns and open stitching this time of year. It’s fun to make pieces that can be used or worn in the warm weather as well. So without further ado, here are some spring and summer friendly projects that you might want to add to your list. 😉
List of Top 10 Mama In A Stitch Spring Knitting & Crochet Patterns
- Azul V-Mesh Poncho Pattern – This crocheted poncho is ultra light, airy and unique. My neighbor liked it so much when she saw it that I ended up giving it to her! The Lion Brand Jeans yarn (here) is AH-MAZ-ING! It’s super soft, super drapy and it couldn’t be softer on the skin. It’s cropped so it doesn’t cover your bottom but it can be modified!
- Easy Knit Boxy Knit T-Shirt Pattern – This also is super soft, has wonderful drape and is a perfect beginner knitter sweater. The entire piece is knit flat and then seamed. (Jeans Yarn)
- Knit Bunny Hat – this list of spring knitting patterns wouldn’t be complete without the sentimental bunny hat that I made for my daughter. It’s also simple! (Wool Ease Thick & Quick)
- Farmhouse Washcloth – This is a great spring or summer project as it doesn’t take up a lot of space and you can make it in one afternoon in your lawn chair.
- Barcelona Kimono Crochet Pattern – A newer pattern from the blog and such a great option to wear as a cover-up or a light cardigan for warmer weather. (Lion Brand Mandala Yarn)
- Manhattan Market Tote Crochet Pattern- Still a favorite of mine. This tote is easy to make and I love the tight fabric on the bottom which holds everything inside.
- Topcho Crochet Pattern – This pattern was inspired by the construction of a simple poncho, but the sides are seamed to make it into a legit top. (Vanna’s Choice Yarn – Pearl Mist)
- Sedona Serenity Shawl Knitting Pattern – This pattern makes the list because it is soooooo mindless. All you need to know is the basic knit stitch to make this lovely shawl. It also works up really quickly, so you can make it in a few afternoons by the pool (if you’re lucky enough to be by a pool!) This was knit with Lion Brand Homespun Thick & Quick
- Sunshine Knit Dishcloth – Another simple pattern using the seed stitch, washcloths make wonderful warm weather projects.
- Ruffle Scarf – this crocheted scarf is light enough to wear any time of year!
All of these patterns are fairly easy and are light enough to make that you won’t be roasting under your yarn in the sun. Hehe….
So there ya go! What types of projects do you enjoy making during the spring and summer months? I’d love to hear in the comments below!